The electric shavers are manufactured by the Philips Domestic Appliances and Personal Care department of Philips.
Alexandre Horowitz, a Philips engineer invented the Philishave shaver. Earlier he used the reciprocating cutters. These reciprocating cutters were used in the previous electric shavers.
But later he started using rotating cutter instead of the reciprocating cutters. This shaver was first manufactured in the year 1939. The preliminary production was restricted due to the start of World War II.
A more improvised version
A more improvised version of the shaver was developed after the world war II. The version was cigar shaped single head shaver. The more attractive design of shaver was developed later.
Egg shaped single head shaver model was developed in the year 1948. This egg shaped single head shaver model was designed by the US industrial design engineer. His name was Raymond Loewy.
The sales of Philips Shaver increased internationally after the double head shaver model was developed in the year 1951.
The company currently has two manufacturing centers for shavers. The centers are located in Drachten and Zhuhai, China.
Whether you are an electric shaver beginner or have been using it for quite a while, there are few things you need to keep in mind.
- Too much of facial hair length will lead to tugging. This will eventually lead to uncomfortable shaving experience or skin bumps.
- You can use the shaver at the right angle. Move it against the direction of the hair growth in circular motion.
The careful work
- This will reduce the skin irritability as well as minimize the shaving time.
- If you have the moment in time for wet shave, then clean your face with a sterilizer to soften the hair.
- Get rid of the extra oil on the face. You can apply the alcohol-based pre-shaving cream to achieve the dry skin.
- Now, massage some gel or foam on face and neck. Leave it for about 5 minutes prior to shaving. This allows the stubble’s coarse lining to soften up.
- Always run the shaver against the grain. Slightly pull and tighten the skin. This allows the hair to stand upright for a cleaner cut.
- Tackle delicate regions like the neck as the shavers generate heat. Avoid going over the delicate parts. The Philips Aqua Touch comes with five-direction Flex Heads with 5 independent movements.
- Clean the shaver after using it every time.
Read More: How to use Panasonic Wet Dry shaver
The triple head shaver model could not be produced internationally until the year 1966. In the year 1980, the company introduced the Lift and Cut Philishave shaver model.
This model comes with lifters which pull whiskers slightly prior to cutting. This allows them to give a close shaving. The Philip shaver use is not difficult, but for the beginner, they have to follow few easy steps mentioned above.